I like to call these brownies my “ugly but delicious” brownies; they aren’t the prettiest, but they are gooey, rich, and comforting. Get ready to impress brownie lovers of all sorts with this recipe. Let’s get cooking!
- 2 cups flour (I used all purpose)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (I prefer Enjoy Life brand)
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2-3 small bananas)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup plant based milk
Prep time: 15 minutes | Baking time: 30 minutes | Allergens: none | Category: Baking
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and line a 9in x 13in baking pan with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt. Still under combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the banana, vanilla, milk and oil. Still until combined.
- Empty the contents from the wet ingredients bowl into the dry, and stir until combined (batter will be thick, do not overstir or the brownies will get dense.)
- Fold the chocolate chips into the mixture.
- Lastly, empty batter into the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.